Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Bit of Thanks

I read on another blog once "What if we woke up one morning with only the things and people we had thanked God for before we had gone to bed".
That IS a good question. You hear people say of Thanksgiving, "We should be thankful every day". Yes, we should. And I think for the most part, we are. Thanksgiving is a time to express our gratitude to one another, to God, to our friends and family by getting together and enjoying life and it's blessings and bounty. It is for hugging Aunt Pinchy Cheeks and Uncle Pull My Finger and telling them how much they are loved and how you cannot wait to dig into Aunt Smells Like Mothballs's pumpkin torte.
This Thanksgiving, I will be thankful for the time I have with the people I love most. I thought of boycotting this holiday altogether. But someday, I will regret it if I do.
Of course I am talking about spending time with immediate family, not travelling across Oklahoma!
AHEM! FOR THE RECORD * William has a bad back and cannot travel!!!! *
We are also going to avoid Black Friday and spend Thanksgiving Version 2.0 on Friday with my In-Laws. Two days of laughing, joking, spending time with my immediate family and pigging out!

Everybunny have a great Thanksgiving and give your bunnies, kitties, puppies, birdies, lizards, etc big nose bonks and kisses!!!

2 comments:

  1. My et ceteras thank you for the idea. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now thats what its all about your famliy at home with good food and fun and games with your fur family and hubby and the kids! Happy Thanks giving Brandi!xx Speedy and Rachel

    ReplyDelete